Monday, April 28, 2008

Buy Fresh Buy Local


I have been searching for a convenient CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) to join for a while, and I've finally found one during the Earth Fest in Shawnee Mission Park last week. For those who doesn't know how CSA works, here's how: You pay a membership fees to buy a share of the farm products, then every week you pay a fixed amount in exchange for produce from the farm. You'll get in-season, farm fresh product from you local farms. Some of them are organic produce, some not. Some only offers vegetables and some offers everything.


The CSA I joined is thru Hen House. Who would have thought? There are many out there in the KC area, but with 10 pick up locations and 3 pick up schedules, the convenience of the Hen House CSA is unbeatable. For those interested, here is the link.


Season starts May 17th. Can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home